- Do you have a hard time not giving in when your child has a tantrum?
- How about controlling your anger or unhealthy eating habits?
- Do you struggle to set aside time for yourself?
New York Times bestselling author and Hollywood’s A-List psychotherapist BARRY MICHELS helps host ELLIE KNAUS address all of these mama issues. And check back in September for Part II of our conversation.
- min 5:33 – What are “The Tools” and how “we can overcome a problem in real time” rather than just talk about it after the fact.
- min 7:52 – How to model impulse control for our kids and why it’s so hard to say no to ourselves
- min 16:20 – How to give ourselves permission to commit to our creative fulfillment and how to get more ideas and passion when you have very little time
- min 20:45 – What can a Mom say to her partner if she needs more time for herself
- min 23:20 – How to tap into an unlimited source of psychological energy (“creativity, good will, enthusiasm”)
- min 30:26: – In mindfulness, we’re always being told to feel our feelings. How do you get the guts to do that when you’re used to ‘muscling’ through life?
THE GUEST HOUSE
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
About Our Podcast Guest:
An ‘open secret’ in Hollywood . . . [Stutz and Michels] have developed a program designed to access the creative power of the unconscious.